Like every generation of Pokemonthe ninth generation of Scarlet/Violet it has exclusive creatures in each version, both from other regions and new ones. Also, this time the games differ a little more due to the theme of the past and the future that each version presents.
If we remember Unova, the fifth generation region, Black/White they had an exclusive special place depending on the version: Black City and White Forest. Each one represented the tranquility and nature of the past (White) against opulence and futuristic architecture (Black). These places were populated as the player linked their games in the ‘Entralink’ and their opposites are similar to Scarlet/Violet.
While Pokemon Scarlet emphasizes the past with the Orange Academy, Professor Sada and the legendary Koraidon; Pokémon Violet specializes in the future with Uva Academy, Professor Turo, and the legendary Miraidon. The stories of both games, however, take place in the same alternate timeline, which we could think of as “the present.”
It goes without saying that the content presented below presents general ‘spoilers’ of the game, of the new Pokémon and the regional Paldea Pokédex.
exclusives of Pokemon Scarlet
- Tauros (fire race)
exclusives of Pokémon Violet
- Tauros (water race)
List of exclusive Pokémon from the past and future
Pokémon Scarlet/Violet They present another type of exclusive that would be time travelers. These are coincidentally known as “paradox Pokémon.” Scarlet contains past versions of old Pokémon and purple Contains future versions of Pokémon also known.
With the exception of Koraidon and Miraidon, these Pokémon appear towards the end of the game and vary according to the version obtained. Now more than ever it is necessary to exchange or have both versions, to complete the paradoxes of the past and the future.
Pokemon Scarlet: exclusives of the past
- Brute Bonnet (loveguss) plant/dark
- Flutter Mane (misdreavus) ghost/fairy
- Great Tusk (donphan) ground/fight
- Roaring Moon (salamence) dark dragon
- Sandy Shocks (Magneto) electrical/ground
- Scream Tail (jigglypuff) fairy/psychic
- Slither Wing (volcano) bug/fight
Pokémon Violet: exclusives of the future
- Iron Bundle (Delibird) ice water
- Iron Hands (Hariyama) fight/electric
- Iron Jugulis (hydreigon) dark/flying
- Iron Moth (volcano) fire/poison
- Iron Thorns (Tyranitar) rock/electric
- Iron Treads (donphan) earth/steel
- Iron Valiant (Gallade/Gardevoir) fairy/fight
The ‘Victory Journey’ is basically the same journey defeating all eight gyms in previous games of Pokemon. Those of Paldea can be faced in any order, however, the levels are fixed – not scaled – and it is up to the player to discover them. We could advise you, but we will leave it for later.
A track. For example, although Alfornada’s gym is close to Cortondo’s (towards the beginning), that does not mean that they are level in power.
route of the titans
The ‘Legendary Path’ leads us to face five giant Pokémon not catchable –they are not part of the Galar Dinamax phenomenon– in Paldea. Defeating each one gives us access to a “mystical herb” that will recover an ability from our “legendary vehicle”, be it Koraidon or Miraidon.
Each Paldea Titan is a region-exclusive Pokémon in family size.
- sweet mystic herb – By defeating Klawf (rock), it will allow to accelerate.
- bitter mystic herb – By defeating Bombirdier (flying), will allow swimming.
- salty mystic herb – By defeating orthworm (steel), will allow you to jump high.
- acid mystic herb – By defeating Great Tusk (ground/brawl) or Iron Treads (earth/steel), will allow gliding.
- spicy mystic herb – By defeating Dondozo (water and Tatsugiri (dragon water) in a double battle, will allow climbing.
Location of Team Star bases
They are the rebellious students of the respective academy and are called Team Star or star team. In their bases we must defeat wild Pokémon and the colorful leader on duty. Each one handles a specific type that does not repeat either that of any of the gyms or that of the Paldea titans.
These are the three main quest routes in Pokémon Scarlet/Violetpart of the scavenger hunt we enrolled in at Orange/Grape Academy. It is designed in this way to present 18 challenges based on each existing type of Pokémon.. It is also an excuse to explore all of Paldea in addition to capturing the 400 Pokémon in the regional Pokédex.
Speaking of which…
Paldea Regional Pokédex
The National Pokédex again does not exist in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet. Your real alternative is to get a membership in the Pokémon Home app to collect in one place each of the current 1010 Pokémon.
Shiny’s Pokedex Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
As a bonus, all the Shiny Pokémon from Paldea, with no major surprises in the starters.
Pokémon Scarlet / Violet: differences, Paldea Pokédex, past and future exclusives