By Metropolitan Writing
With O’Vintages, the City of Montpellier organizes, in partnership with the AOC Languedoc Syndicate and France Blue Heraultthese new cultural and festive encounters around wine in the North Pine Forest of the Domaine d’O. See you this Saturday August 20 from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. for this second weekend, and last day, dedicated to wine, terroir and gastronomy.
women and men
As a common thread, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., the radio set organized in partnership with France Bleu Hérault will punctuate the evening. Indeed, the wine, the terroir, the gastronomy, these are above all women and men, know-how and multiple stories… In the middle of the meadow of the Domaine d’O, interviews/ cross portraits of winegrowers, masterclass oenologists and sommeliers, wine primer, micro-conferences, meetings with artists and live music will be on the program for this radio event.
Focus on the wine primer:
At 6:30 p.m., a wine specialist and enthusiast, different every evening, will come and testify to his knowledge during meetings open to the general public.
– Saturday August 20: the history of wine since Antiquity by archaeologist Stéphane Mauré.
The winegrowers present
Eight AOC Languedoc winegrowers will be present each evening and accompanied by four food producers to discover cheeses, charcuterie, seafood and ice cream.
1. Château de Flaugergues, AOC Languedoc Grès de Montpellier
2. Domaine Coste Ubesse, AOC Pic Saint-Loup
3. Domain of Babio, AOC Minervois
4. Domaine de l’Aster, AOC Languedoc Pézenas
5. Château Fonsalade, AOC Saint-Chinian
6. Chateau Moyau, AOC La Clape
7. Domaine de Clémentine, AOC Languedoc Montpeyroux
8. Marco Polo Estate, AOC Languedoc
As for food producers, David Dumas, charcutier at Milhaud will offer dishes composed around his production of dry sausage and pork sausage, dry ham, dry sausage and pork-duck. Guillaume Camplo, cattle breeder and cheese producer at the GAEC du Causse au Caylar, will offer dishes made up of his “Petit Causse”, lactic cheese (creamy) made from cow’s milk, pélardons from Laëtitia Chauchard, producer in Pégairolles de l Escalette and organic pérails from the GAEC des Traversiers at La Couvertoirade. Geoffray Jean, oyster farmer in Mèze, better known as Le Corsaire de Thau, will serve oysters, prawns, whelks and his brasucade of mussels. Finally, with Audeline, from the Bosc farm in Mayreville (Aude), you will savor farm ice cream made from sheep’s milk.
Animations and workshops
For an appointment that is both gourmet and accessible to the whole family, activities and workshops are offered during the four evenings. From 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. each evening, children will have a marquee just for them in which they can take part in numerous free workshops. to discover while having fun the know-how hidden behind the wine. Proposed by the Halle Tropisme and Balthazar, these workshops are likely to create many vocations.
– The drawing bar: Gouache, pastel, charcoal, chalk or modeling clay, the Petite Académie team offers a creative workshop around the work of the artist Wayne Thiebaud, a historical figure of pop art known for his naive paintings linked to the world of taste.
– Oenology workshop: the oenologist Jacques Carceller will offer a journey into the secrets of tastes and smells in four stages: recognition of ingredients with the eyes, the nose then the tongue, participation in the lottery of smells, identification of flavors and aromas and finally, as with professionals, blind juice tasting.
– Mixology workshop: a little grape, a hint of blueberry, a zest of lemon… The children have a whole range of juices and flavorings to make their own drink with multiple grape varieties, and leave with their own little bottle.
– Customize your bottle: after having concocted your own elixir in the mixology workshop, there is one last step, the creation of the label for this excellent 2022 vintage.
Stamps, markers and other accessories, each child will be accompanied by the artist Anne-Cécile Bonnet to take up all the graphic codes of the greatest vintages in order to make this label.
– Juggling workshop: for children, from 7 years old. Throwing, catching, aiming, coordinating…discovering juggling and its objects while having fun (diabolo, sticks, balls, Chinese plates…).
– wooden games will also be offered by STRATA’J’M.
A photography studio
So that each evening is unforgettable, the Collectif NUTS offers you to immortalize it.
In a studio specially designed for the event, you will be photographed in the middle of the vines, surrounded by essential objects for each winemaker. Alone or in a group, disguised as Bacchus or as a winegrower from the beginning of the century… One rule, don’t take yourself seriously.
Concert and circus
Each evening, a guest group with three sets: twice 15 minutes at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. and once a 30-minute “concert” at 10 p.m.
Composed of three singers, four singers and a percussionist from the northern shores of the Mediterranean, barrut furrows the roads and choirs beat. We remain, hanging on their lips, swaying fearlessly in balance, listening to the powerful songs they will whisper to our souls. Do not try to understand, and get drunk on this polyphony. Involved in the movement of traditional polyphony and contemporary music, the energy and softness of Barrut’s music travel through this exhilarating, festive and subversive interstice, always abused and always invested: poetry.
Every evening, in three dedicated spaces in the pine forest, three contemporary circus performances will be given at 7:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., for 30 minutes.
“Just a jump”, Compagnie Vadear (Oussama Marrom Zaki on Chinese pole and acrobatics)
“Will I be able to keep jumping? It may be my last jump, I better stop. But I don’t want to stop, come on, just a jump”. Issues of identity and legitimacy are raised through Marrom who is another. Articulated around his Chinese pole and a wooden crate, Oussama Marrom Zaki tries to “just jump” after a shocking event.
“Drunk but balanced”, (Kévin Strebler, acrobat)
“I say, he seems to have drunk a little too much, at the same time what class! No but wait, I was not dreaming? Where does this bottle come from? and this newspaper was not torn? He doesn’t hold his feet too well, but he’s still well balanced, well, I think…”.
“Together”, (Company of men who carry and women who hold, Morgane Lenzi and Kurtis Garcia, hoops, straps and aerial dances)
The company creates hybrid, colorful, dynamic and punchy forms, which do not fail to embark the public in a universe inspired by retro futurism! Back in the middle of the 80s and 90s, in the heart of the Bronx or in a dystopia of our society in order to testify to the effervescence of a booming artistic milieu.
Domaine d’O, Pinède Nord, 178 Rue de la Carrierasse, Montpellier. Free for children under 18, excluding consumption. Admission: 6 euros (this price includes the delivery of a glass and two tastings). Access: Tram line 1, Malbosc stop.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Métropolitain in the Mon Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.
Montpellier / O’Millésimes: wine, gastronomy, circus, concert… tonight’s program