All movies and TV series arriving in cinemas and streaming until 2024
September 12, 2022 at 4:25 pm
What can we expect between now and 2024 from The Walt Disney Studios? The complete answer is “many new films and TV series, both in cinemas and on the Disney + streaming platform”. During the course of the D23 Expo 2022 which was held at the Anaheim Convention Center, a presentation of content was held by the teams of Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios And 20th Century Studios (which in particular produces “Avatar – The way of water“, to be released in theaters on December 14). The result is a very rich list of all the great titles, including streaming and cinema, scheduled for the next few months and beyond, naturally from Disney.
The releases of 2022
- “Hocus Pocus 2” (Streaming September 30)
- “As per Disenchantment” (Streaming November 24)
- “Zootopia+” (Streaming November 9)
- “Strange world – A mysterious world” (in cinemas from November 23)
The releases of 2023
One of the strongest titles is of course “The little Mermaid“, of which the first teaser trailer was shown, but in addition to the new live action (in cinemas from May 24, 2023), other titles have been announced:
- “Wish“: Set in Rosas, the realm of wishes, where dreams can literally come true, the story follows 17-year-old Asha, an optimistic girl with a sharp intelligence who cares deeply about her community. In a moment of desperation, Asha throws a is a passionate request to the stars that is granted by a cosmic force, a small ball of boundless energy called Star. Together, they face fearsome enemies to save their community and prove that when the will of one brave human unites with the magic of the stars wonderful things can happen.
- “Iwaju“: The series has been described as “a love letter to Lagos, Nigeria”. Directors Olowofoyeku and Ibrahim described the world of Iwájú as a futuristic representation, a place bursting with color, with unique visuals and progress technologies inspired by the spirit of Lagos, which is physically divided into an island and a part of the mainland, separated by both water and socio-economic conditions.The coming-of-age story introduces Tola, a young heiress of the wealthy island, and her best friend Kole, a self-taught tech savvy and loving son of the mainland.
- “Peter Pan & Wendy“: The new film delves into the story of Wendy (Ever Anderson), who joins the boy who refuses to grow up on a magical journey to Neverland and reveals the story of the rivalry between Peter Pan (Alexander Molony ) and one of the most memorable Disney villains: Captain Hook (Jude Law)
- “haunted mansion“: tells of a woman and her son who turn to a motley crew of so-called spiritual experts to help them rid their home of supernatural intruders.
The releases of 2024
- “Mufasa: The Lion King”
- “Snow White”
Among the upcoming titles, there is the fifth chapter of the saga of “Indiana Jones“or the series”Willow” (streaming November 30), the story of an unlikely group of heroes who set out on a dangerous mission, facing their inner demons and uniting to save their world, but of the upcoming new features, most of them concern the universe from Star Wars:
- “Andor” – streaming from September 21st
- “Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi” (streaming from October 26)
Six all-new animated shorts with stories built around prequel-era Jedi. A journey into the lives of two distinctly different Jedi, Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooku, who will be tested as they make choices that will define their destinies.
- “Star Wars: The bad batch(season 2; streaming January 4, 2023): Months have passed since the events of Kamino, and the Bad batch continues their journey across the Empire after the fall of the Republic. They will cross paths with friends and enemies, both new and familiar, as they face a series of exciting mercenary missions that will take them to new unexpected and dangerous places.
- “Ahsoka” (2023): Set after the fall of the Empire, the series follows former Jedi Knight Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) as she investigates an emerging threat to a vulnerable galaxy.
- “Star Wars: Skeleton Crew” – story of four boys who get lost in the vast galaxy and try to find their way home.
- “The Mandalorian 3“
- “Black panther: Wakanda forever(in theaters Nov. 9) In the story, Wakandans struggle to protect their nation from encroaching world powers following the death of King T’Challa. The heroes must unite to forge a new path for the kingdom.
- “Werewolf by night” – streaming October 7th
Releases in 2023
- “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantummania(in theaters Feb. 15, 2023): Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly join Hope’s parents Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer), and Scott’s daughter Cassie Lang (Kathryn Newton), to explore the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that will push them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.
- “Echo“: Alaqua Cox Maya Lopez continuing New York City’s ruthless conduct even in her hometown. Audiences got a special look at the upcoming series, which also stars Tantoo Cardinal and Zahn McClarnon.
- “Ironheart“: In the series set after the events of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”, Dominique Thorne returns as Riri Williams, a brilliant young inventor determined to make her mark on the world. Her unique approach to the construction of iron armor it’s both brilliant and flawed, and the show delves into the dynamics of technology versus magic.
- “Secret Invasion“
- “Armor Wars”
- “Loki” (season 2)
Releases in 2024
- “Fantastic Four”
- “Captain America: New World Order”
- “The Marvels”
- “Elemental“: a story of immigrants chasing their dreams in beautiful neighborhoods where languages and cultures meet, set in a city whose inhabitants are fire, water, earth and air, and live together. The protagonists are Ember, a tenacious and “burning,” while Wade is a fun, cheesy, “going with the flow” guy.
- “Win or Lose”: The series follows the Pickles, a co-ed middle school softball team, in the week leading up to the championship game. Each episode takes place in the same week, highlighting a different main character’s point of view – the players, their parents, the referee – reflected in a unique visual style. Hobson and Yates revealed that Will Forte will be voicing Coach Dan in the original version and shared a specially recorded greeting from him, followed by an exclusive clip for fans.
- “helium“: Elio is a dreamy, creative and always stuck at home eleven year old who finds it difficult to integrate with others. Meanwhile mom Olga, who heads a top-secret military project, is working to decode a strange signal coming from space. But it’s Elio to make contact, to be teleported into space, and to be mistaken for an intergalactic ambassador from Earth America Ferrera, the original voice of the intelligent and super-confident Olga, was invited on stage.
- “Inside Out 2“
Disney: all the news announced at the D23 Expo | TV Smiles and Songs